Lots of Extra "Data" under All Vaults, Can't get Chrome Extension to work

Options
JSicking84
JSicking84
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was previously running the old Macbook 1.4 version of 1Password which was connected to dropbox. I recently built a new PC and decided to go ahead and opt in for the 1Password Family Subscription so my wife and I can use the app on our phones/computers. I downloaded the Windows Version of the Beta Software and connected to Dropbox, which has all of my Logins. However, I couldn't see any logins through the web dashboard. I followed some instructions and copied all of the logins I had in DropBox to a new Personal Vault in my account. So I'm seeing my passwords there now. However, if I hit All Vaults, it gives me a list of 700 or so logins (I only actually have about 120) and each one sort of appears to be crap data (random sequences of numbers/characters). I'm not sure if this is some corrupted data that got pulled in somehow but I'm also not sure what Vault it's associated with either. In the UI I have the following...

• All Vaults
  • This is a guess but I think that's what it is...
  • *Personal (@ Family Name)
  • *Shared (@ Family Name)
    • Then there's a large blank spot...not sure if that's just the UI...
    • Then another Personal (@ . Unlike the above Personal, this has no Team Name)
    • Another Share (Same as above, @ .)
  • DropBox
  • *1Password

I'm really having an issue figuring out where the two additional Personal and Shared are coming from. I'm also wondering if I need to maintain the Dropbox Vault at this point or not. Lastly, any attempt to use the Chrome Extension are met with a "No matching items found, click to open 1Password".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:All Vaults crap data

Comments

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    Options

If you log out of the family account do you still see the strange blank vault?
    Is the blank vault visible when you login to your family account on a brower or is it only visible to you on the beta software? If it is the latter you might want to make a safe copy of your dropbox vault and then delete the blank vault from the beta software.
    If the blank vault is located in your family account, you can just delete that and it should sync down to the beta I think.
    If you still have a good backup of your dropbox vault you might want to "start over" on the family account.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JSicking84,

Can you email us your 1Password logs, so we can see what happened. It sounds like you're seeing remnants of previous vaults that was removed but not deleted correctly, which was a bug we've fixed many weeks ago.

Please do the following:

1. Unlock 1Password 6 Beta and go to All Vaults > Trash, can you confirm a lot of these items are in Trash?
    2. Click on Settings on top right to select Email Us, which will open both Windows File Explorer showing you the current.txt log file and your email client if you have it. Email us the current.txt log to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.