Confusion - Windows 7 Program + IOS App + webportal. How??

I apologize in advance if I'm spamming a basic question, but I can't seem to find concrete answers to my situation.

My Situation:
I have been using the one password for windows 7 program for 29 days. I like it.
I use the one password one chrome plugin in. I like it.
I use the iOS app for my I phone. I like it.
I use the "family?" web portal to sync my passwords onto a secondary computer.

My Questions:
My free trial is up in one day, and I'm confused which program I'm supposed to sign up for. The 64$ one-time one or the 5$ monthly one.
If I purchase the 64$ one time one, will the system still work on my iphone? Secondary computers?
If I purchase the 5$ monthly family program, will my windows 7 desktop app still work?

Thank you, I appreciate any help.

Andrew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

Hi @atgoett,

No need to apologize, it is our responsibility to make things clear.

First, all 1Password apps are included when you sign up for 1Password Families ($5 monthly), there is no other fee involved. However, there is a catch, we do not yet have a stable version of 1Password for Windows that works with 1Password Families as well as the extension. We do have a beta version of 1Password 6 for Windows that does work with 1Password Families and your extensions (limited to Login filling only right now), which you can find here.

The 65$ fee you're looking at is the desktop single license for two standalone products, 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 6 for Mac. This does not come with 1Password Families support, you are responsible for syncing the data between your devices, you can use Dropbox for this. However, it does not come with any other apps included, the iOS app is free to use but the Pro package is a separate purchase that is not included in the standalone license.

If you like 1Password Families, we would suggest trying 1Password 6 Beta to see if you're willing to use it and wait for us to get it done soon. We're making improvements daily and will have a better extension experience in the near future but it's going to take some time.

Note that if your 1Password Families expired, you'd still be able to log in and view your data, you just can't make changes until you sign up.

This discussion has been closed.