My 1password account for teams if frozen but I have an individual, don't I?

I have 1 Password with pro features purchased for Mac and iOS. Set up a teams account but didn't find it useful, so I didn't subscribe to that feature and it's frozen. Now I want to create a 1password account for web browsers, and use 1 password for windows 10 on my surface pro, but everytime I try to log in, you are asking me for my teams uy-family.1password.com log-in, and it shows that my account is frozen. What happened to my individual account - it seems the only account you recognize is my frozen teams account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My 1password account for teams if frozen but I have an individual, don't I?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karluy: Sorry for the confusion! Prior to this week there were no individual 1Password Accounts, so you wouldn't have had one. The only one you have is your 1Password Teams account it sounds like. But you're welcome to signup for free:

1Password Account signup

You'll create a new set of login credentials and use those instead of the 1Password Teams account. I hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions! :)

• karluy
    karluy
    Community Member

Thank you brenty. I don't get it, though. I purchased the app I currently use on my mac and iPhone, and they work very well. This is what I call the 'individual' account (though my nomenclature might be wrong). When Dave Teare started sending emails about 1Password for teams, I thought it was a great idea so I could share with my family. I signed up, and since no one else in my family was interested, I let the account go frozen. I am still using my original account quite well, though.
    I got a surface pro and wanted to use my 1Password on windows 10 and was following the instructions, but I hit a brick wall because I had to import my vault from somewhere, and I didn't know how to do that.

Can you help me?

Karl

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you brenty. I don't get it, though. I purchased the app I currently use on my mac and iPhone, and they work very well. This is what I call the 'individual' account (though my nomenclature might be wrong).

I'm really sorry for the confusion there! If you purchased the standalone apps, there is no "account" associated with those. The data is stored in local vault(s) on your devices, and it must be sync'd separately.

A 1Password Account, however, is associated with a 1Password Teams, Families, or individual plan for our subscription services, which don't require sync or license setup: you just login to your account to authorize a new device and access your data.

When Dave Teare started sending emails about 1Password for teams, I thought it was a great idea so I could share with my family. I signed up, and since no one else in my family was interested, I let the account go frozen.

Hmm. Well, you can still access data if your 1Password Account is frozen. We don't want to lock anyone out. However, do you perhaps have local vaults you're using? Those will not be affected by the limitations of the trial expiration of you've registered the app with a license (or purchased it from the App Store).

I am still using my original account quite well, though. I got a surface pro and wanted to use my 1Password on windows 10 and was following the instructions, but I hit a brick wall because I had to import my vault from somewhere, and I didn't know how to do that. Can you help me?

Absolutely I can help! Thanks so much for spelling that out for me! It does sound like you're using a local vault in the standalone app somewhere, otherwise you'd be able to login to your 1Password Account on your PC to access your data.

Going back to your original post, it sounds like you've got your 1Password data syncing between your Mac and iOS device(s) using iCloud. Is that correct? This isn't possible on Windows, so we'll need to come up with another plan. There are two options which sound like they'd be a good fit based on your description:

1. Continue using the standalone apps, but use Dropbox to sync the data instead (so you can include your PC). The one caveat here is that you'll need to purchase a license for 1Password for Windows if you don't already have one, and it does require some setup.
    2. Sign up for an individual subscription plan. It's clear that 1Password Teams is overkill if it's just you. If it was a good fit, you'd still be using it! However, the new 1Password individual plan uses the same technology and includes all of the apps (which you simply login to, rather than configuring sync or registering them)...and it's free for 6 months.

Let me know which direction you'd like to go, and where you have your data right now, and we'll come up with a game plan to get everything setup the way you want it. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.