all my password and account numbers are in my google contacts. Can it upload from there?

I don't have an account yet, but was thinking about it. I know it's terrible, but all this information is currently stored in my notes section of my google mail account under my contacts. Can you upload that data from there or do I manually have to load it all?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:all my password and account numbers in my google contacts. Can it upload from there?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jselfa: That's a very interesting question. While 1Password cannot access your email contacts, I believe (but don't quote me on this) that you may be able to export your contacts to a file (perhaps CSV). And while that in and of itself may be a bit of a mess for 1Password to deal with, @MrC 's converter (probably using the CSV generic scripts) may be useful for processing the information so you don't have to go through and manually copy and paste, etc. Are you able to export the data? That will be a crucial first step. Let me know what you find! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@jselfa,

Google Contacts can be exported as vCards. And from there, it can be possibly be converted into CSV for import. Can you explain how you have the data stored? Which contact fields are you using, and how do you know one piece of information from the next?

• jselfa
    jselfa
    Community Member

Thanks for the help. Right now I keep all this info in the "notes" sections of each of my contacts. Regarding exporting the data, it seems google has two export CSV formats. One for inporting into Google and one for importing into Outlook or "another application" so it says. Would that work?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@jselfa ,

Just use the Outlook variant and open the the CSV in a spreadsheet.

You'll have to eliminate the columns you don't need, and then place your notes data into the appropriate columns as per the How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file if you want to use the 1Password native importer to import Logins.

• jselfa
    jselfa
    Community Member

I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

• On behalf of MrC, you're welcome. Please do let us know how it works out for you.

This discussion has been closed.