Dont see Autosave prompts on Chrome and Windows 10

Hi, I'm Lastpass user and I'm trying to make a switch to 1Password. While I really like your software on the MAC, I'm constantly struggling with your Windows app. Following are a few issues that I can't seem to figure out a solution, posting here for some help.

I use Chrome(52 as of writing) and Windows 10 with anniversary update. Downloaded the latest version of 1Password from your site. Issues:

1. Chrome extension doesn't prompt me to auto save passwords when I enter login information manually.
  2. For new signups - I generate a password on 1Password app copy and paste it in the browser and after successfully signing up, no prompt to autosave. I have to manually add all the information in the app.

Can you please suggest me a good workflow on how to capture new logins automatically and also how to make 1Password suggest passwords during signup.

thanks.

1Password Version: 6 beta
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hi @mirhnaz,

1Password 6 Beta does not support auto-save right now, it is limited to basic filling with existing Login items you have. Auto-save and other extensions features will be implemented soon but if you're not using 1Password.com account, then my suggestion is to use 1Password 4 stable instead. You can find it here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

• Jim_R
    Jim_R
    Community Member

Hi MikeT, I also use 1Pasword 6. I just now (September 18) downloaded two successive updates, so I'm sure I'm current. I have a Windows 10 system. I coulda sworn the description of one of the recent updates said autosave now works... but I don't see any prompts or ways to do that... using Chrome. Please advise! Thanks, Jim

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi @Jim_R,

You're thinking of the auto-submit feature that we've implemented for build 197, not auto-save. Auto-save is coming very soon.

Auto-submit should work in Firefox but we have one more thing we need to finish up to complete it for Chrome.

• Jim_R
    Jim_R
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification, Mike. I read the description of the auto-submit feature at the link you provided. But what IS auto-submit?

Jim

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi @Jim_R,

Basically when it fills, it will submit the form for you as well, so you don't have to press the enter key or click on the Submit/Login/etc button.

In the future, when it is more polished, you could just select a Login item from 1Password mini and it will open the site, fill the data, and submit it for you, all in one smooth action.

This discussion has been closed.