Downgrade to 1Password 4 or 5

Hello, I recently got the free trial for the 1Password syncing service for individuals, and I would like to know if I can downgrade to version 4 or 5. I was running the free trial licence before and it worked and felt a lot better, the browser extensions functionality has been severely reduced. If anyone can help that would be great.

1Password Version: 6.0.184D
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @Webhobo,

Are you only using 1Password on Windows? If yes, I would suggest not trying 1Password.com yet because 1Password 6 Beta for Windows does not have the export function implemented yet. This means you can't export the data out of your 1Password.com account to use it in 1Password 4 for Windows.

To explain what's going on, 1Password 6 Beta is a beta build of a brand new application, not a single code is reused from 1Password 4. That means that we have to implement everything which is why the extension support in 1Password 6 Beta doesn't have everything implemented just yet. We will add the ability to view your data in 1Password mini, add save/auto-save support, Credit Card/Identity filing, auto-submit and many more in future beta updates.

• Webhobo
    Webhobo
    Community Member

Thank you for the swift reply @MikeT, I didn't know about the full rewrite thanks. Can I downgrade to 5, becuase I already started my trial and don't know of a way to pause it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Webhobo: There is no version 5 for Windows, but you can use the free trial of 1Password 4:

1Password downloads

And just as long as you don't add payment information to your 1Password Account, you won't be billed for the subscription when that trial ends. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.