Eset Private Browsing and Firefox

When I go to a bank site Eset sets up a private browsing window which then lacks the Firefox Extension. How do I add that? When I go to manage extensions the add-on for 1password is not shown, whilst it is when I look without this Eset private browsing screen..

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: I'm not sure it's possible given that ESET seems to be calling the shots...but I'm not quite clear on what you're describing, so many there's a workaround. Which browser version are you using exactly? Be sure to let me know the exact steps you're taking and we'll see what we can do. Thanks in advance! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@brenty,

What I suspect @Andrew42 is describing is the new ESET 9 security features.

https://eset.com/us/products/smart-security/

"Banking Protection opens a secure browser for online payments."

It appears that the Original Poster will have to live with the issue or go back to ESET 8 which didn't have this feature.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks @wkleem that is exactly what is causing the problem. I disabled it in ESET settings and the problem went away. I now simply have to decide which way I go.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Ah, excellent! Thank you for pointing that out! :) :+1:

@Andrew42: We'll look into it, but it appears that they're using private browsing to protect against malicious extensions...but of course if 1Password is disabled too that would be of much help. I'm not sure what we can do on our end, but one suggestion that might be helpful is you can simply use a private browsing window yourself and enable only the 1Password extension there. This definitely works in Chrome. :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks again, I experimented with setting up Private Browsing as the default in Firefox but that does not work for me as my "Home" page requires a cookie to be retained. So instead I have put the Private Browsing Icon on the Toolbar and left the ESET mode disabled.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, got it. Yeah, homepage (and many other parts of the internet) are considerable less useful without cookies. I'm glad that worked for you at least! We're here if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.