1password 4

I have a question about the 1password plans. I bought 1password 4 for windows. With the new plan in the future, are there no more updates for this version (1password 4)?
If I take the plan, in the future can I get back to 1password 4 for windows? I have 1password app for iPhone, I need to change the setting with the new plan?. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@cancol Slowly but surely, we are deprecating 1Password 4. We have an excellent replacement in development; 1Password 6. In it's first incarnation, 1Password 6 will primarily focus on 1Password accounts (1Password Individual, or 1Password Families, or 1Password Teams) but eventually it will also support the so-called "local vaults" (agilekeychain and opvault). There is then no need to go back to 1Password 4.

As for your other questions; yes you can cancel your 1Password account at any time and while your account will then be frozen, you will always have access to your Logins. You can then move them to a so-called "local vault" (agilekeychain or opvault) should you have a desire to do so. Thanks!

• Hi @cancol,

I need to clarify one thing, 1Password 6 Beta now does not have a way for you to export your changes out to a local vault file, it is not yet implemented. We plan to have full support for writing and modifying local vault files later this year.

That means unless you have a Mac app, you may not be able to move the data to a local vault file if you decide to change your mind later or at least until we implement the export feature.

This discussion has been closed.