Favicons not stored in the database?

I installed 1Password on a virtual machine (VirtualBox).
There I created a Password Vault in a OneDrive folder and added some passwords.
I also downloaded the favicons.

Today I installed 1Password on my PC and opened the existing Password Vault.
But here I don't have any favicons!

I thought the favicons are stored inside the Password Vault ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @OLLI_S,

Rich Icons are not stored in your vault file, they're downloaded on the fly by our Rich Icons service. This allows us to keep your data file as lightweight as possible and we can resize the icons to fit your device properly.

Custom icons, image files you've added manually to your items, are stored in your vault file, are you saying 1Password isn't showing these custom icons?

To download missing Rich Icons, open 1Password and go to the File Menu > Download Rich Icons...

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

So when I sync 1Password to my PC, Laptop, Tablet and Android phone I have to download all favicons there?

And what about logins for applications like Steam (here I added first the URL, then downloaded the favicon, then deleted the URL and added the application name.
    I would have to do this in each of my devices (for multiple passwords of applications).

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @OLLI_S,

Yes. To avoid repeating the process, add the icon locally to your item as custom icon.

If Steam is installed, add its exe file to the icon area and 1Password will store it as a custom icon. To do this:

1. Select the Login item for Steam in your 1Password app, edit it
    2. In the item editor, double-click on the 1Password icon on top left, select the Steam exe file and 1Password will store its icon file as a custom icon.

This will then be stored in your vault file locally and all 1Password apps will read it as such.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@MikeT
    You ment a double-click in the small field "Icon:" :p
    This topic can now be closed (if there is such a feature here in the forums).

• Hi @OLLI_S,

Yes, sorry. I've updated my post to reflect that.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

I selected the EXE file of Steam and 1Password to have the icons of the EXE in my Database.
    This is working

Then I deleted the 1Password folder on my Android Phone and copied the folder from my desktop.
    The entry "Steam" has on my phone the default icon and the entry "1Password Forums" has the old icon.
    So how do I delete the old icon cache on my phone so that the new icons are shown?

• Hi @OLLI_S,

I've checked our internal tracker, the Android app doesn't support custom icons yet. It is on the list for a future update.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Cool

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

I do apologize for the confusion with going back and forth on this, we definitely need to do this better and be more consistent with our features across all of our platforms.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

I really love 1Password (I am not registered and still evaluating) and I have found many issues.

• Please do let us know what you've found.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Yes, of cause!
    Expect more forum topics soon!

• You don't have to create a separate thread for each issue, you can add a separate post for each issue in the same thread. If we want to split it into a separate thread, we can do that as well.

This discussion has been closed.