Helper not installing

I cannot get the Chrome extension to communicate with 1-password app in Windows 10. I'm running the latest beta for 1 Password. I've pressed the install helper button many times, nothing happens.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @druke,

Can you first clarify which 1Password version you're using? We have two separate beta versions of 1Password, 1Password 4 and 1Password 6.

Open the main 1Password app, unlock and if you see only the setting icon on the top right, click on it and it should tell you the installed version on the bottom of Settings menu.

If you see Help Menu instead, click on it and select About 1Password to get the version.

Thanks!

• druke
    druke
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT , it's version 6.0..186d. Thanks

• Hi @druke,

Okay, it is normal to see no feedback when you click on Register 1Password Helper in the Settings. This will be changed in a future update.

For now, can you try this: Close the browsers, open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock and then open your browser, what do you see when you click on the 1Password icon?

Also, did you previously have 1Password 4 installed?

• druke
    druke
    Community Member

@MikeT it didn't work unfortunately. I didn't have a different version installed prior to the one I'm referring to.

• Hi @druke,

Can you tell me which anti-malware/security solution you're using on the computer?

• druke
    druke
    Community Member

I'm using built-in anti-malware from Windows 10

• Hi @druke,

To help us figure out what could be the issue, could you send us the logs from 1Password 6. Here's how to do this:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar to open our Diagnostics folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Diagnostics
    2. Reproduce the issue in 1Password 6, you'll then see a current.txt file show up or updated in the Diagnostics folder
    3. Please email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let me know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the log file.

• druke
    druke
    Community Member

@MikeT thanks, I've sent you the email as requested.

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply there as soon as possible.

ref: ZZR-98681-379

This discussion has been closed.