Sync between platforms

Hi,

I currently have 1Password for Windows (ver 4.6) at my office and have installed browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox (both are ver. 4.5.8). While items (i.e. log-ins) are syncing between these three interfaces, I do not see these items appear on either the mobile app I have downloaded on my iPhone nor the 1Password website.

The relevant support page (https://support.1password.com/sync-options/) declares "Sign in to your account on any device, and all your passwords and items will be there." However, this does not appear to be the case. I do not intend to use either iCloud or DropBox to sync my 1Password data.

Is there a solution to the issue I've described? If I install 1Password for Mac will my data be synced in this location as well given the solution?

Thank you for your assistance,
Rex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rex_h,

1Password 4.x for Windows doesn't support 1Password.com service, you'd need to use 1Password 6 Beta instead. You can find it here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-to-our-windows-family#latest

One thing you'll need to do is export your data from 1Password 4 to 1PIF and import it in 1Password 6, so you can migrate your local vault data to your 1Password.com account, which will then instantly show up for all 1Password apps with your 1Password account signed in.

• rex_h
    rex_h
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

Thank you for your explaining the lack of inter-connectivity with 1Password 4.x for Windows.

I have noticed that the release notes for 1Password 6 Beta say, "Saving logins through your browser is not yet supported by 1Password 6. The only way to add items to your vault is through the 1Password 6 app." I am a bit wary of upgrading to the beta release if the accompanying browser extensions do not have much utility. (Is there any literature online pertaining to the actual functionality of the beta browser extensions?) Nevertheless, I appreciate the information you have provided and will consider the best option.

Thank you again,
    Rex

• Hi @rex_h,

1Password 6 Beta is a brand new program, it doesn't reuse any of the code in the previous 1Password 4 for Windows. That means we have to take the time to implement all of the features. As it is going through a lot of changes, there are not a lot of docs either right now for the beta versions.

Right now, you can save the Login items manually in the main 1Password 6 app and then use 1Password extension in your browser to fill the said Login items, filling does work in the latest beta build.

This discussion has been closed.