Stupid question: how do I enter my username in Win desktop software?

I'm using 1Password for Windows 10 (v. 4.6.0.604). Stupid question: how do I enter my username in the desktop version? I couldn't get the Chrome browser extension to save the username, probably because the site was using a popup window for their login.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604)
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:enter username in 1Password for desktop

Comments

• Hi @dzuber,

Very good question, we do have an unintuitive item editor in 1Password 4. The very good news is that we're building a new version of 1Password to be intuitive to use.

For now, here's how it works:

1. Select the Login item you want to edit in the main 1Password 4 app, click to edit it (pencil icon)
    2. Look at the very bottom, you'd see the bottom table view. Look for the field that has the username designation. Double-click on that row to edit it.

Here's a screenshot:

• dzuber
    dzuber
    Community Member

Thanks, @MikeT! I didn't see a username designation, but I will look again. I appreciate your speedy and clear response!

• dzuber
    dzuber
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Ah. I checked again and there wasn't a username designation at all. However, I edited one of the items (by selecting username from the dropdown menu next to that item) to at least save it in the desktop app. For some reason, I cannot get 1Password to save the login for this particular website using Chrome, but at least I can store it in the desktop app.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @dzuber,

Can you share what site it was, so we can see what's going on? If you want to send it privately, you can email us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Please include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so we can connect the email to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.