Suggestion - Shorter term for "Doppelt vorhandene Passwörter" (German UI)

OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The German translation for "Duplicated Passwords" in the menu is "Doppelte Passwörter".
This is absolutely correct and also a short term (perfect).

When I activate this view, then I see in the list on the left the text "Doppelt vorhandene Passwörter".
Although this is also correct I would replace it with the short term "Doppelte Passwörter" from the menu.

This longer term means that the user has to read more text.
And it also means that the list on the left needs more space (in the default setting the text is wider than the available space so I have to enlarge the list via the splitter).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@OLLI_S: Thanks for mentioning this! I can't guarantee that we'll change it, but not knowing German really at all I can't say one way or the other if there's a case to be made for equivalency. ;)

I've brought this up with our resident German Windows expert to see what he thinks. But I did also want to mention that you can also contribute to 1Password translations more directly if you like:

1Password for Windows desktop (Crowdin)

Cheers! :)

• Hi @OLLI_S,

Habe das mal geändert. Ich bin zwar ein Fan von präzisen Ausdrücken aber wir haben das je nach App unterschiedlich gehandhabt.
    Jetzt mit den nächsten Updates wird in allen Apps "Doppelte Passwörter" erscheinen.

Grüße aus Trier,

Alex

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Hi @AlexHoffmann

ich areite als Ergonomie- und Usability Engineer, beschäftige mich also mit Ergonomie, Usability (Gebrauchstauglichkeit), Accessibility (Zugänglichkeit und Barrierefreiheit).
    Daher kommt der Tipp die Beschriftung zu verkürzen.
    Auch sollte in der Anwendung für ein Element durchgängig ein einheitlicher Begriff verwendet werden.

Gruß

OLLI

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad Alex was able to offer a perspective that I wasn't. Thanks again for bringing this up. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.