Suggestion - Column "Version" in Licenses

OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In 1Password I added the software license of the Programming IDE "Delphi" version 7 (Architect).
For Delphi I have licenses for multiple versions:

• Version 3
  • Version 5 (FuLPS) an edition for students
  • Version 6 (Professional)
  • Version 7 (Architect)
  • Version 2007 Professional

In the field "Title" I entered "Delphi" and in the field "Version" I entered "7 (Architect)".
Unfortunately the version is not shown in the list of stored licenses, so I can not see the difference between multiple "Delphi" entries.
I know that I would have to store the version in the title "Delphi 7 (Architect)".

Please consider if it would be useful to show the version number behind the "Title" in the list of Licenses.
In my eyes this would make sense.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OLLI_S: I'm not sure that columns are the way to go, but you're absolutely right that it is a bit...unenlightening to see this:

1Password
    1Password
    1Password
    1Password
    1Password for Windows
    1Password for Mac
    1Password for Windows

(Actual example), etc. In 1Password for Mac, we have the version information displayed beneath the title for Software License items, sort of like how Login items show the username there:

This is likely the direction we're going, but we're always considering the best ways to present information in a useful manner. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

This would be a good way to display the version information!
    Please implement this in 1Password 6.

• Hi @OLLI_S,

We already did a while ago for 1Password 6 Beta, this is what it shows for the Software License items list.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

In my beta this looks different:

Here I don't see the version number below the software name.

• Hi @OLLI_S,

You're using the beta from the Windows Store, it hasn't been updated in a while. Try switching to the desktop beta instead: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-to-our-windows-family#latest

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@MikeT
    I have 1Password 4.6 installed and using it productively.
    I don't know if there can be problems when I install the newest beta from the web parallel to 4.6
    My hope was that the version from the Windows Store will not cause problems.
    The version from the Windows Store has the advantage that it updates itself automatically.

• Hi @OLLI_S,

The desktop version of 1Password 6 Beta can co-exist with 1Password 4 for Windows as long as you don't register 1Password Helper in 1Password 6 Beta, it will not touch your local vault file nor does it replace 1Password 4 at all.

1Password 6 Beta (desktop) will check for updates automatically upon each launch and it is more frequently updated compared to the Windows Store version, it support browser extensions and have a more polished UI as well.

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member

Would like this display for 1Password Mini as well…

• @JBB In 1Password mini on the Mac you can see the full item details by hovering over the item in the list.
    In 1Password 6 for Windows, we display the version number in the list overview in 1Password mini same as we do in the main app.

Are you using the latest version from our site or the version from the Windows Store?
    As Mike mentioned, you need to use the one from our site, as the other one hasn't received updates in a while.

Cheers,

Alex

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member

@AlexHoffman, I know. I'd like it to display in the item line in 1Password Mini as well. If I have multiple versions of a software license, it makes it easier to select it. I'd also suggest allowing the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘C to copy the software license in addition to the password.

• AlexHoffmann
    edited September 2016

Hey @JBB,

Thanks for elaborating on this. I've let our developers know about these feature requests.

If you have more feedback, please keep it coming!

Cheers,

Alex

ref: OPM-4353, OPM-4354

This discussion has been closed.