How do I accept an invite from another user?

How do I accept an invite from another user. The link from the email doesn't work. I think I'm being invited to share a password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to accept an invite

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Hi @daisyhip , Thanks for asking about this.
    The main question is: Do you have 1Password installed on Windows?

If you do have 1Password installed and you click the of a shared password, the item will be copied directly to your 1Password app.
    If you don't have the app, the link will not work.

If the link is an invitation to share a 1Password Families vault or Team vault, you again need the app on your Windows machine. The link will then take you to the AgileBits account of the user that sent you the invitation and you can follow the instructions to access the shared vault.

You can download 1Password here and evaluate it, free of charge, for 30 days. Once your evaluation period expires, you will be able to access the items that you added to 1Password, but you will not be able to add new items.

I hope this helps, but if you continue to have problems, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daisyhip: Indeed, depending on what's being shared with you. Please don't post a sharing/invite URL here, as this is a public support forum! rjh gave some good suggestions, but it might make sense for you to just shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com if there's more sensitive information we need to look at. Just be sure to include a link to this discussion for context. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.