Two Users, Two Vaults, No Sharing - Can 1Password have two vaults and license keys?

I purchased a single license for my Mom. It syncs between a desktop computer and her iPhone.
I want to purchase another license for my Dad, which will sync between his laptop and his iPhone.
They do not share passwords.

Since a license is per user, and not per computer, is it possible for my Dad to create a vault on the 1Password 4 software on the desktop computer that will sync with his Dropbox account?

Basically, I want family members who do not share passwords to be able to use any of the house computers (laptops/desktops) using the 1Password software that is installed on that computer. Could three people with their own single licenses each have a vault on the computers that would sync with their Dropbox? I hope that was clear. I am not a fan of subscription services and since we aren't sharing passwords, I don't see a need to subscribe to families.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Since a license is per user, and not per computer, is it possible for my Dad to create a vault on the 1Password 4 software on the desktop computer that will sync with his Dropbox account?

@blue42: Yes! You just need to set it up with the same account and vault on each device:

Sync with Dropbox

Basically, I want family members who do not share passwords to be able to use any of the house computers (laptops/desktops) using the 1Password software that is installed on that computer. Could three people with their own single licenses each have a vault on the computers that would sync with their Dropbox?

Yep! But you'll have to either use separate user accounts on the PC or share vaults between Dropbox accounts. As far as I know, you can only be logged into a single Dropbox account at once within the app. So while you can use 1Password 4 to open any vaults you want on Windows, Dropbox will only be offering those which are stored in the account you're logged into. Having separate Windows user accounts allows each person to have their own separate Dropbox settings. I hope this helps! :)

• blue42
    blue42
    Community Member

Thank you for your help brenty. That answered my question.

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. If you have more questions, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.