Glitch - German Text not shown completely

OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am using the Demo-Mode of 1Password, so I see in Help -> About that I have 18 entries in my list and that I can have up to 20 items in the free version:

In the German UI this text is truncated at the end:

The information how many entries are allowed is not shown.
This is just a small glitch, but it should be fixed.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

And an other dialog with glitches:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OLLI_S: Sorry for the trouble! When 1Password 4 was designed, we didn't have all of these localizations, and as you rightly point out, there are some places where they don't fit well. Perhaps we'll be able to find a less verbose option for some of these text strings which have limited space to work with. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Should I report more glitches in 1Password 4 (if I find any) or is this no longer needed (because 1PW 6 is currently under development)?

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @OLLI_S,

That's up to you, we will continue to update 1Password 4 but any brand new or major features would be reserved for 1Password 6. General improvements, cosmetic issues, typos, broken features and so on will continue to be fixed in 1Password 4 as much as possible.

I've filed a bug report for you on these issues.

ref: OPW-578

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Here is an other one when I enter login data in a web form and select in the Firefox Add-On "Settings -> Save New Login":

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @OLLI_S,

Thanks, I've filed a bug report.

By the way, we've fixed the issues you've reported before in the latest 1Password 4 beta update, 4.6.612-BETA. You won't be able to see the improvements until the next stable update is available since the demo doesn't expire while the app is a beta.

ref: OPW-580

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Where di I get the Beta of 1Paswod 4?
    When I am back from holidays then I will install it in an VM,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@OLLI_S: You can enable the beta option in 1Password Preferences > Updates, or download it directly from our site:

1Password downloads

Just enable betas. I hope this helps. Enjoy your holidays! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.