Opvault Conversion Issue

Hi

I am trying to move agilekeychain to OPVault. After conversion and import I only get 1009 entries out of my 1014. Not sure where 5 entries went. Also import gives me few errors about duplicate entries although there are no duplicates which I can find. I had to try 3 times to import as 2 times app froze and I had to kill it and redo entire process.

Also 1password app is freezing with new Opvault. I never had freezes with agilekeychain.

I already have performance tweak option enabled.

Can you tell me what I am missing ?

Also I would like to know way to clear list of vaults from "Reopen vault "menu.

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 604
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mmoud,

Also 1password app is freezing with new Opvault. I never had freezes with agilekeychain.

Unfortunately, with that database size, we recommend you stick with .agilekeychain format in 1Password 4. 1Password 4 does not scale well with large OPVault files.

It's not actually freezing, it is just taking that long to decrypt the content with the stronger and heavier encryption used in the OPVault format.

Not sure where 5 entries went

Do you have 5 folders?

Also import gives me few errors about duplicate entries although there are no duplicates which I can find.

This will happen as long as you have two items with the same name. If 1Password ask if you want to overwrite, say No to all.

Also I would like to know way to clear list of vaults from "Reopen vault "menu.

This is a history of previously used vault, if you click on the vault that no longer exists, 1Password will remove it for you.

• mmoud
    mmoud
    Community Member

I have 36 folders. And is V6 with Opvault good for this database size ?

• Hi @mmoud,

Did you tell 1Password 4 to overwrite duplicates? If yes, that would explain the different item count.

And is V6 with Opvault good for this database size ?

1Password 6 is not yet available, only as a beta version. The latest beta build would let you read your OPVault files but it doesn't support modifying it.

As for performance, yes, it will handle large files great, it should be much faster than 1Password 4. We actually store the content of all local vault files into our internal database structure that's tuned for performance.

This discussion has been closed.