P/w won't work any longer still works on my mac and my phone

I downloaded windows 10 and had a problem got it working and shortcut still there just say's invalid password
Sorry can't tell you more

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 64
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:downloaded widows 10 now P/W won't work

Comments

• Hi @SharonJones,

When you said you downloaded Windows 10, do you mean you've upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 and all of the sudden, 1Password won't let you unlock?

Did your keyboard region or locale change? Some folks had their keyboard settings changed, so they were typing the password that's not the same in a different layout.

• SharonJones
    SharonJones
    Community Member

Can you tell me how I would know if my keyboard settings had changed?

• Hi @SharonJones,

Let's try something else first before we check your keyboard settings. It is possible 1Password is looking a different vault file that has a different password. To point it to the right file, open 1Password on your PC, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and point it to the same file that 1Password on your Mac is using.

If you don't know what file it is, open 1Password on your Mac, unlock, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. Select your vault on the left side and it should then reveal the path to your file on the right.

If it is the right file on both computers, the quickest way we found to check the keyboard settings is to open NotePad (do not save it), type your password in and see if it shows the password correctly. Close NotePad without saving it.

This discussion has been closed.