I have the 1Password app on my PC, but when I sign in to 1Password.com it shows nothing in my vault

I have the 1Password app on my Windows 10 PC and on my iPhone. I am trying to sync the vaults with my PC and my wife and my iPhones and iPads. When I sign into www.1Password.com, there are no vault items listed, no logins, etc. On the app on my PC, I have 43 logins.

How can I sync my account with the various devices?

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 604
OS Version: Windows 10.6.3
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:syncing account

Comments

• Hi @slaglesenior,

1Password 4 does not support the 1Password.com service, we're building a brand new version of 1Password for Windows that will support it, it is available as a public beta build here.

If you want to use 1Password.com, you would need to migrate your data from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6 Beta.

The best way to do this is export your current 1Password data in 1Password 4 using the 1PIF format and import it directly into one of your vaults in your 1Password.com account using 1Password 6 Beta.

Let me know if you'd like to do this.

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I have no problem using the app and the Chrome Extension on my PC. How can I easily keep the following devices in sync without using Dropbox?

App on Windows
    iPhone
    iPad

Thanks,
    Roy

• Hi @slaglesenior,

Once you import your data into your 1Password.com account, you just have to sign in to your 1Password account in all 1Password apps to see the data.

Let's take it one step at a time. Did you try exporting your existing data from 1Password 4 to import it into 1Password 6? If you need assistance with this, let me know.

• slaglesenior
    slaglesenior
    Community Member

Mike,

Thanks. I guess I will need help. I signed into my 1Password account, but can't find out how to import.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @slaglesenior,

To import, open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock, and click on Settings on top right to select Import. There'll be instructions in there on how to export.

Here's how to export your data from 1Password 4:

1. Open 1Password 4, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Export
    2. Select 1PIF (1Password Interchange File) as the format and choose All items
    3. Save the export file in a private folder on your local drive, do not store it in any cloud folder like OneDrive.

After you finish importing, confirm everything looks good in 1Password 6 Beta, and then delete your 1PIF file before emptying your trash.

This discussion has been closed.