Can't disable "verify browser code signature"

Clifton
Clifton
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi folks,

Similar to https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65724/cant-disable-verify-browser-code-signature, I am unable to disable "verify browser code signature". I'm trying to use 1Password with Brave and it's not working :(

In an older version, it used to be found under Help > Advanced. I am running version 6.0.186d

Please advise

Thanks
Brian

1Password Version: 6.0.186d
Extension Version: Brave (built-in)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, x64
Sync Type: 1PW 4T

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Clifton: I'm sorry for the confusion! Brave is a very specific case, as it does not have an extension framework. Instead, its developers added support for 1Password 4 themselves (which you can enable in Preferences > Security) and 1Password already supports its code signature, so there is no need to disable it...but as far as I can tell, they have not yet added support for 1Password 6. Frankly, that's probably for the best while 1Password 6 is still being developed, in case a change we make during this process breaks something. I can't speak to their plans, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add support for 1Password 6 down the road once it's more mature. I hope this helps!

• Clifton
    Clifton
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I'm actually a developer on the Brave team :smile: Do you think you can shoot me your email via DM so I can share more details?

Thanks
    Brian

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Clifton, we're going to add the Brave browser signature to 1Password 6 very soon ;)

• Clifton
    Clifton
    Community Member

Hi @mohamedosman

If you need any info or want us to test, please email me at clifton@brave.com

Thanks!
    Brian

• @Clifton we just released an update 6.0.197 with Brave support, please let us know how it's going and thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.