Using IOS, when I click on a login on my list of logins, nothing happens.

When using IOS & I select a login, nothing happens. Logins are being synced between macbook pro, iPhone and iPad. I have to manually enter ID and password.

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Don't know
OS Version: 10.11.6 (15G31)
Sync Type: iCloud I think
Referrer: forum-search:When I select a login field, I cannot see the characters in the field.

Comments

• Milesw
    Milesw
    Community Member

Extension version is: 1Password 3.9.21.90
    don't know how to confirm sync type.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Milesw

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. I'm a little bit confused with your configuration, so lets try to sort all this out! You have 3 devices: Macbook, iPhone and iPad, and you have this problem on the iPhone and on the iPad, is this correct? Would you please tell us, something like this for each of the 3your devices:

Macbook

• OS version
    • 1Password version
    • Extension version
    • Browser name and version

It looks like you might be using old versions in at least some of your devices and that's probably part of the problem. If we can see exactly what you have we'll be able to guide you better! :chuffed:

• Milesw
    Milesw
    Community Member

Macbook OS = 10.11.6 (15G31)
    1 Password = Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    Extension = 3.9.21.90
    Browser = Chrome 54.0.2837.0 dev (64-bit)

iPhone OS = 9.3.5
    1 Password = 6.4.4
    Extension = I don't know how to find extension version
    Browser = Chrome Version 52.0.2743.84

iPad OS = 9.3.5
    1 Password = 6.4.4
    Extension = Don't know how to find this?
    Browser = Chrome Version 52.0.2743.84

Thanks in advance for your help here.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Milesw! You originally said the problem is happening on iOS (which would mean on your iPhone or iPad), but if I understand, it sounds like you're actually having trouble using 1Password on your Mac. Since you're using 1Password 3 for Mac, I've moved this thread to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum. But if the problem is actually happening on your iPhone or iPad, please let us know and we can move this to our iOS forum. :)

1Password 3 for Mac is a much older version which hasn't been in development for several years now, and unfortunately it isn't fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or with the latest versions of some browsers. We explain more about that in this forum announcement (currently posted at the top of the 1Password 3 for Mac forum): 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

I think the specific issue you're running into here is the one mentioned in the third message in that announcement, which is that recent versions of Chrome have disabled the 1Password 3 extension if it wasn't installed directly from the Chrome Web Store. In that case, fortunately you can reinstall the 1Password 3 extension by following the steps in that message.

However, there's a better solution, which is to install the upgrade for 1Password 6 on your Mac. That's the latest version, and it's fully compatible with El Capitan. I was able to find your license in our system and it looks like you purchased your 1Password 3 for Mac license in 2013, which means 1Password 6 for Mac is a free upgrade for you! I sent your license information to your email. You can download 1Password 6 from our download site, and move 1Password 6.app to your Applications folder. The first time you open version 6, it should be able to find your data from version 3.

If you need additional help to upgrade, we have more detailed steps here: How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• Milesw
    Milesw
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. 1Password works fine on my Macbook Pro. The application doesn't work on either my iPhone 6 or iPad. If I open the app, select logons, then a specific logon, it takes me to the screen showing the data for that logon but doesn't open my browser and/or log me onto the selected site. I'll upgrade to 1Password 6 on my Macbook. Interestingly, when I select "check for updates" the system responds with "You are running the latest version of 1Password."

I have installed 1Password 6 and the extensions for Chrome and Safari. I'll now sync with iPhone & iPad to see if they are now working.
    Now I receive a note stating that it's best if I use 1Password account rather than iCloud or Dropbox for sync. Do I have an account or do I need to set up?

Tried to use 1Password on iPhone after upgrade on MacBook Pro. Same result as before, nothing happens. Where do I go from here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your response. 1Password works fine on my Macbook Pro. The application doesn't work on either my iPhone 6 or iPad. If I open the app, select logons, then a specific logon, it takes me to the screen showing the data for that logon but doesn't open my browser and/or log me onto the selected site.

@Milesw: Indeed. 1Password will never take an action on your behalf — especially filling in sensitive information — unless you tell it to. So, in your example, you can tap the URL if you're viewing the Login item in 1Password. 1Password will take you to the page, and then you can use the "key" icon in the built-in browser to choose the login credentials you want to fill. Alternatively, if you're using Safari, you can use the 1Password iOS extension. Just bring up the share [ ↑ ] menu and use 1Password from there to select the login to fill. :)

I'll upgrade to 1Password 6 on my Macbook. Interestingly, when I select "check for updates" the system responds with "You are running the latest version of 1Password."

Correct. You're running the newest version of 1Password 3. It will only offer you free updates, since we don't want to "trick" anyone into installing a paid upgrade. Instead, when 1Password 4 was released, you were shown a one-time upgrade offer, since we also don't like being nagged ourselves. After you dismissed it, 1Password won't continually pester you to pay for the upgrade you've declined, since you're entitled to continue using your existing license for as log as you wish. While I know our heart is in the right place, I'm sorry for any confusion that's caused you!

I have installed 1Password 6 and the extensions for Chrome and Safari. I'll now sync with iPhone & iPad to see if they are now working. Now I receive a note stating that it's best if I use 1Password account rather than iCloud or Dropbox for sync. Do I have an account or do I need to set up?

It sounds like you don't have a 1Password Account, since those are relatively new and associated with a subscription. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription though, since it will give you access to all of the apps and do away with licenses and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Tried to use 1Password on iPhone after upgrade on MacBook Pro. Same result as before, nothing happens. Where do I go from here?

Can you tell me what you mean by "nothing happens"? For example, what steps are you taking, and what is (or is not) happening as you expect? We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.