Windows - Not filling a web form detail properly

On one of my banking web pages, besides username and password, there is another field called "organization id", which is basically another user name. Auto-fill had been working, but I changed my password, re-saved it, and now it's only filling in the username and password but not the organization id.

I have two login pages set up in 1password: one for my wife and one for me. The one for my wife is working fine (i.e. it autofills all 3 fields), but mine is only autofilling the username and password. Both appear to be set up exactly the same.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 6.1.7601 service pack 1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi Dan,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you mind sharing the website so we can take a closer look?
    Alternatively, have you compared the web form details of two items (yours and you wife's) to see what might be different?

Cheers,

Alex

• dkushner8
    dkushner8
    Community Member

hi, thanks for quick response and sorry for delay. webpage is: https://1402781.webcashmgmt.com/wcmfd/wcmpw/CustomerLogin.

My wife and my setup are exactly the same. With her, it auto-populates all three fields. With mine, it leaves the org id blank and auto-populates other two fields.

I can't figure it out. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dkushner8: Thanks for following up! In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled
    9. Repeat to save and fill a new login for the second step

I was able to save and fill a login with 1Password 4.6.0.604, Chrome 53.0.2785.101 m, and extension 4.5.9.90 using that method, so let me know if that helps! :)

• dkushner8
    dkushner8
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty. I followed your steps up to step 8, and it worked (not sure what step 9 meant, but I didn't seem to need it). Based on your instruction, I now know how to save a new login, as opposed to having to wait for it to prompt me whether or not I want to save. Anyway, thanks again!

• Hi dkushner8,

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

• dkushner8
    dkushner8
    Community Member

Hi there, it happened again. I was prompted by the website that my password had expired and needed to be updated. I used the password generator in 1Password and successfully changed and saved the password. However, it's doing the same thing I initially wrote about above on Sept 1. Is the solution to save a new login (and delete the old) every time I have to reset my password on this site?

• I think that is the best you can do, @dkushner8.

It's odd that this is happening, though. Are you using the built-in auto-save mechanism while storing the newly generated password?
    Or in other words, are you following these steps: Change your passwords and make them stronger

Thanks,

Alex

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dkushner8: Indeed, unless the website is changing frequently or they're doing something odd like serving you a different login for each time, simply changing the password for the login when you change it on the site won't affect anything else in 1Password. I'd be interested to learn more about what's going on there, but I'm glad to hear that you're able to save a new login to get it working at least.

• dkushner8
    dkushner8
    Community Member

Thanks, Alex and Brent. I am using the built-in autosaving mechanism, and it IS saving the new password. It's just not auto-filling the organization ID (i.e. The second user-name)...it just leaves that field blank. Anyway, thanks again, and I'll keep on trying to work with it. If I find out what it is, I'll write a follow-up.

• I did a bit of testing with the limited access that I have (I don't have an account with them so all my testing happens without proper credentials).

We managed to reproduce the issue you're seeing. Not sure where this is coming from but if you update the entry and select Replacein the drop-down list and Replace password only, then the next login attempt will fail, even if nothing in the web form details apparently changed.

I'm going to let a colleague have a look at this but I found an interim solution: when updating the password, don't select Replace password only. If you update the password like this on the main login page that you gave us at the beginning of this thread, the login process will continue to work.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.