Options
2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @lwmcmahon,

That's great to hear.

Is there some option that can reduce my need to repeatedly login into 1pw6? I should not need to do so this often. Maybe once after I boot?

You can disable the auto-lock timer in the Security settings, which you can reach by opening the main 1Password app and click on the Settings icon on top right to select Options. There's a timer you can adjust to Never.

We do recommend that you lock 1Password when you don't need to use it anymore, it's safer this way.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

That helps.

Larry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that Mike's suggestion helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    On my PC.

When creating a new login, how do I get the Chrome extention to generate a password?

I can go into the app and act like i'm creating a new login.

On my IPad it is so much easier.

Larry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lwmcmahon: That's correct. Currently the password generator is only present in the main 1Password app, but we'll be adding it to 1Password mini so it can be accessed in the browser in a future update as well. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm in Chrome registering a new login account, but I need to open the 1pw6 app to create a new Login in 1pw.
    Then I need to copy the generated pw into the browser session twice and copy the id and url into the 1pw app. ANd then test that the login works.

Maybe easier to use my on iPad and sync. Sync was not particularly fast. It was a bit confused by the delay as there is no indicator that it is in progress or a way to manually request the sync. I kept trying on my PC thinking I needed to bring down Chrome to get the new login recognized. How am I supposed to know when the sync is completed and the new login is ready to use? Just keep looking fir it?

Larry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lwmcmahon: 1Password.com sync data in the background as quickly and efficiently as possible, so there isn't any "sync" button or interface to use to monitor it. For me, it's typically within 5 seconds that changes show up, but when there were issues with latency and packet loss due to a bad cable line, it took much longer on occasion — though never more than a minute or so, since these aren't generally large amounts of data being sent. The actual speed will depend on your network environment and internet connection as well. What sort of delay are you experiencing?

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I did not time it. It was over 5 seconds. Could have been over a minute, but I was doing things like bringing down chrome, so I don't have a good timing.
    Larry

• MikeT
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @lwmcmahon,

In the latest update, 6.0.231d at this time, you can now autosave Logins via 1Password mini in your browser. Just log in as you usually do and 1Password should prompt to save data. Hopefully, it won't be long before we add the password generator to the 1Password mini as well.

With that aside, saving should be mere seconds but 1Password 6 Beta at this stage does have a lot of excessive calls it does when saving a new item. It will refresh the entire database, which means you'd have to wait a few seconds to get to that new item. However, it is our server that tells 1Password when to refresh, as soon as it has new data, all 1Password apps that's connected will be told to refresh.

Try creating a new item on 1Password.com web app and then test 1Password 6 Beta, it should be there in a second or so.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Now I get a error message when I open Chrome on my win 10 PC.

BRowser connection refused. Refused connection from a untrusted source. View logs.

What logs? Does 1pw keep a log?

Larry

• @lwmcmahon your browser is supposed to get an updated extension automatically, when that fails you can see this message. Please visit https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions to install latest extension.

We've added extra security measure lately - browser pairing, pretty much like Bluetooth does. Once extension is updated, you will see one time pairing request.

Hope that helps :)

P.S. yes, there are logs, you can find them by typing /log in search box and hitting ENTER.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I installed the regular Chrome extension and then the beta version but get the same error.

From the log it seems like:
    WebSocketBrowserConnection chrome: 10776:50609
    Closing with code 1004 reason [ ].

Larry

• Hi @lwmcmahon,

That error means the connection from Chrome to 1Password mini been closed. It can by rejected by a third party factor like an anti-malware solution, firewall, VPN, proxy and so on. Do you have anything like that running on your PC beside the default Windows tools?

Can you email us your complete logs, so we can see what's going on.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes I have had such tools for years, but none have been changed recently.

I will try to get you a log soon.

Larry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! With your help, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this. :)

• Hi @lwmcmahon,

but none have been changed recently.

You'd be surprised. Silent updates for the virus or firewall definitions have caused this issue with 1Password several times, which drove us nuts because initially, none of us can reproduce it until it rolled out to everyone and then it made sense.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

So I updated to the recent 1PW version after sending in my logs awhile back.

It prompted for an authorization code verification when I openned Chome. The numbers did not match. I closed Chrome and it asked again. I think I asked it to cancel the authorization and it the gave me a new number that matched. I think it is working, but would not be suprised if tomorrow there is something else to deal with.

(Sorry, a bit of an attitude check, I just spent 2 hours messing with a failing MS win 10 update black screen issue.)

Larry

• Don't worry about it, @lwmcmahon,

That points to what Mike was saying: interference from a third party app.
    Glad to hear it's working now.

I hope that was the last issue you ran into surrounding 1Password. You gave us very useful feedback and we're thankful for that.
    We've all run into issues with Windows before and we all know how frustrating these can be. (I just spent three hours in Windows 10 update hell with my Surface Pro 2, so I can definitely relate.)

Cheers,

Alex

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

What points to what third party app? I'm not following you. Other than updating win10, after the 1pw authorization process, I have not made app changes except to 1pw.

What came from examining my log file?

Larry

• Hi @lwmcmahon,

The numbers mismatching means that the original call didn't come from the 1Password app/extension that you opened. It suggests it was triggered by something else instead, it could be Chrome update updating itself in the background. I know they've released Chrome 54 version sometime today/yesterday.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, but the initial problem was on the 6th. What did you learn from the log?

• Hi @lwmcmahon,

We haven't received any logs from you, did you get an auto-reply from our BitBot when you send it in? If yes, can you tell us the support ID#.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

[screenshot with personal details removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@lwmcmahon: Thanks for following up. I've removed your screenshot since it included some personal information. If we'd received your email, you'd have received a reply from BitBot with Support ID, but it appears that is not the case. We haven't received any emails from that address within the past month, which is why you never heard back from us. Please check your outgoing folder, or simply resend it. Just post the Support ID here and we'll take a look. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.