Cant get this username info to save...

hoffa
hoffa
Community Member
edited September 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am trying to save login info for a bank https://business.firstcitizens.com/cb/pages/jsp-ns/loginfcbnc.jsp
When I enter the Customer ID and User ID info using Chrome, 1Password isnt automatically saving any of these fields. I tried to enter them manually but I can get it to work. Can you please help?

1Password Version:4.6.0.604 (15)
_Extension Version:
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hoffa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The site seems to use very uncommon formatting that prevents 1Password from saving the IDs automatically. I've brought this to the attention of our developers.

In the meantime, you can save the login manually. I can confirm that it works in both Firefox and Chrome and filling the save login works as well.

Oh and since this is a two-step login process, our Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages guide will be helpful as well.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Alex

• hoffa
    hoffa
    Community Member

I tired it but the problem is that after saving the second page (the one with the password) only the customer ID will fill in on the first page and the "Customer ID" will fill in with the entry that was originally saved as "User ID" and nothing gets filled into the "User ID" field. If I don't add the password from the 2nd page, the first page auto fill in works fine.

Here are the entries in 1Password

Name Value Type Designation
    CustomerID AAAA text none
    UserName BBBB text username
    button none
    password CCCC text password

When it auto fills in the first page, CustomerID auto fills with BBBB and UserName is blank, on the second page, the password works

Thanks for your help

• Have you created two separate items? One for the first page with the Customer ID and the User ID and another item for the Password page? In my testing this worked.

• hoffa
    hoffa
    Community Member

No, I tried your "Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages" and it had me update just the password. Is that not the right way to do it?

• That's odd. Have you checked the “Replace password only (keep the other fields)“ box when attempting this?

• hoffa
    hoffa
    Community Member

I did. I first did the first page and tested it. It worked. Added the second page with the replace password only and then it did what I described in an earlier post. Can you review the coding on the 3rd post on the thread and let me know if any changes should be made??

• Now it stopped working for me as well. I'm not entirely sure what is going on but I've let our extension developers know about this.

My advice on how to fix this is to use an older method for handling multi-step logins:

1. Manually save a login item for the first page with the Customer and User ID fields. Give it the desired name and add something like (Step 1/2).
    2. Manually save a new login item for the second page of the process, giving it the same name but adding (Step 2/2) to the end.

As you will have guessed, you'll have to select the first item for the first page and the second item for the second page.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.