Can't add attachments to 1password 6 beta [Document items are supported, related items not yet]

Options
2»

Comments

• ilsa
    ilsa
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to add my two cents. I just spent a very irritating half hour trying to explain to someone how they should be able to attach a document to their login item, only to finally discover that the feature doesn't even exist in the windows version. The entire "Related Item" section doesn't even exist. It was extremely jarring to discover that the Windows version is not at feature parity with the Mac version, particularly when 1password generally has such a high level of general polish.

I've now instructed them on using the Document item, but this caused unexpected and needless confusion.

• MikeT
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi guys,

We just released 1Password 7 Alpha 1 but it doesn't yet have the Add new file button just yet, it has this for now:

@ilsa, thanks for sharing your two cents. 1Password for Windows is definitely not yet on the same level as 1Password for macOS, we're working as fast as humanly possible to improve the Windows app but it will take us some time. In 1Password 7.0 alpha 1, there is Related Items support now, so you can add related items and a future beta update is coming to let you directly add a new file as a Related Item as well.

• ilsa
    ilsa
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That alone already helps a lot. Is the beta stable enough for an 'average joe' to use? I'm tempted to roll this out to the person I was helping yesterday, but she's not technical and I wouldn't want to cause her additional frustration.

• Hi @ilsa,

No, I wouldn't recommend letting her try the alpha/beta builds, we can change things around (or even pull the feature if it is not ready) before it goes to stable, so she may get confused again later adding to more frustrations.

We've decided to rename it to Alpha to point out that it is work in progress rather than untested "completed" release.

This discussion has been closed.