Support the direction from right to left in Arabic

talal
talal
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

If Arabic is the preferred language in OS X Language & Region preferences, then 1Password is all mixed-up and its main window cannot be re-sized. Everything is cluttered and cannot be viewed correctly. Once English is set as the primary language, everything is normal again. I'm using 1Password for years and it never happened before on previous versions.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OS X EL Capitan 10.11.6
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:rtl

rtl.png 228.1K

Comments

• talal
    talal
    Community Member

:'( There is no answer ?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @talal

Please don't cry, there's for sure an answer for you here! I'm sorry it took is couple of days to get back to you. Thank you for reporting this issue with the Arabic localisation of 1Password, we have a bug report for it and we're looking into it. I hope that this gets resolved soon, and that meantime it doesn't cause you too much trouble! Stay aware of new updates on 1Password to see how this goes :chuffed:

ref: OPM-3762

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@talal: Just to expand on what Pilar said, the reason this wasn't a problem in Yosemite and earlier is because they didn't have support for RTL (right-to-left languages). So I'm sorry to say that it's been a little bit of a learning curve on El Capitan — both for us and for Apple — but it looks like things may be getting better with Sierra at least. Thanks again for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.