clean uninstall

I am using a licensed version of 1Password on my PC which runs Windows 10 Pro. The data is synced thru Dropbox. The software is very slow and sluggish, meaning that it takes almost a minute to unlock the vault and show the content of it. Same applies when I change from one panel (say favorites) to another (say wallet). In order to fix this I have tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall the software using the built-in tool in Windows 10. I also searched my whole hard drive for files containing “1Password” or “agile” and deleted them. Nonetheless there still seem to be remainders of old data that are corrupted. Because when I reinstall 1Password it is as slow as before. Plus I am not asked to set up a Masterkey-Password and determine a way to sync data. Instead the program still seems to know my Masterpassword and syncs data from dropbox, so there must still be pieces of information left that are accessed.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password sluggish.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hiperdino: I'm really sorry for the trouble you're having. Indeed, 1Password 4 is showing its age, especially since most of the speed of today's PCs comes from multi-processor configurations and not super fast single-processor performance (which would benefit 1Password and most games, which are often single-threaded). So I don't think it is necessarily anything wrong with your setup or the 1Password installation.

On the other hand, were you having better performance before with the exact same setup? Did you perhaps migrate to an OPVault after using an AgileKeychain previously? Due to the increased encryption overhead, that is also more resource-intensive. Let me know!

This discussion has been closed.