Where to store old passwords?

When I changed the password of a website then I also stored the old password in my old password manager.
This helped me twice in the past (the website did not accept my new password but the old worked).
I wonder if this is still a useful habit.
But when I want to store the old password of a login, where (in what field) should I store it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @OLLI_S,

1Password already does this for you on the fly. In Logins, 1Password automatically store the old password when you change the password, it keeps them in the Password History section.

Try this:

1. Create a new Login item to play with this, make sure to generate a new password for it, and save it.
    2. Edit the item, change the password by generating a new one and save it. Look at the Password History section that'll pop up, you'll see the old password there.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@MikeT
    I changed the password for an entry and indeed, this is working.
    You really have a fantastic application!

• That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

@MikeT
    1Password has so many useful concepts that you don't find in other password managers.
    In my old password manager I needed to create a new custom field and store the old password there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for the kind words! There's still plenty of room for improvement, and your praise and feedback inspires us to make 1Password even better! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.