Feature Request: Auto-Type Shortcut for Applications

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • ziege
    ziege
    Community Member

A huge vote for this request! (and one from my wife and one from my son... and all my friends!).
    I can't believe this feature request is here for two years.

IMHO you should really reconsider the priority of that request.
    If you don't get to much votes for this, I'm sure thats because this is a feature you think you don't need until you start using it. And when you start you are addicted in one week!
    I was using keepass under Windows for half a year.
    At the beginning it was: "ok, a password keeping application - cool, but no big deal..." but since I realized there was the global auto-type it became the first app I would install after format :)

Lately I decided to move to Mac for good but I'm afraid that lack of reasonable password application with global auto type will push me back to windows :(

I find it so time consuming to copy-paste my credentials to skype, git prompt in terminal etc.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, @ziege! I'm not one of the developers, so I'll have to leave the technical details to them. However, at this time it is not possible to use 1Password to fill information in apps other than browsers. Only browsers provide extension APIs which enable 1Password to work within them. Other apps do not provide such APIs. The Secure Input functions in OS X also make it difficult if not impossible to fill password fields throughout the OS. Until/unless this changes, you will need to copy and paste your credentials into another app that requires them.

We're working on some ways to improve this, though. I can't leak any details, but I think you will find it easier in the future. Please stay tuned. :)

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.