Hi. I'm having lots of problems using 1 password with windows 10.

Options

1) chrome extension does not work - cannot find helper

2) desktop app will not install - I've been told possibly due to a corrupt installer package? The installer says error every time, & is looking for the dynamic link library - 'installutillib.dll' in the wrong place.
(My computer is installing other programs fine; including your 6 months only trial app for public use from the website, just not the Beta version accessed via the team invitation link - or any of the previous versions on that link page).

3) when using web browser version, I can log on fine, but then I am unable to copy and passwords or security codes. can copy email addresses/log ons. (Before yesterday the browser was working fine, and after I was re-invited to my teams' 1password account it again worked fine last night, but since logging off, I am today unable to access passwords despite logging in fine).

please help!
Sally

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: beta 4.6.0.4
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant download windows app

Comments

• Hi @sallyulph,

That sounds like your .NET framework is outdated. Please install the latest version from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

After that, restart your computer and install 1Password 6 Beta now, it should then install properly. If you don't have the link to the latest version of 1Password 6 Beta anymore, it's here.

After 1Password 6 is installed and you're signed in to your 1Password account, open your browser and you should be able to use the extension now.

• sallyulph
    sallyulph
    Community Member
    Options

I doubt that's the case. the computer was rebuilt less than a week ago and all updates are as new as can be; its been thoroughly assessed by an IT architect with 16 years experience in the industry. I really don't think its anything to do with my laptop.

any further ideas anyone?

thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sallyulph: .Net isn't always a "required update" from Microsoft (though many apps need it to function), so unless you'd expressly installed it you likely don't have it. Fortunately, this can easily be tested! Just install the current version of .Net that Mike linked above and you should be able to install 1Password successfully. Let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.