I cannot find the copy button next to the favorite button

Options
kionglang
kionglang
Community Member
edited September 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just below the name of any entry used to be 2 buttons. 1 for Favorites and 1 for Duplicating or Moving an entry.
I now can only see the Favorite button. Where is the other ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot find the copy button next to the favorite button

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear @kionglang,

Welcome to the forums! You did the right thing by contacting us! :)

Could you please specify the version of 1Password you are using? If I know this, I will be able to check this version on my side and check if everything is correct. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• kionglang
    kionglang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

It is 1Password version 205 running on Windows 8.

I've been using the 1Password for a few weeks and have benefitted a lot from the duplicating function now gone missing !

I also do not have access to any settings such as the preferences referred to in the support documentation.

Jan

• Hi @kionglang,

That sounds like you've switched to our 1Password 6 Beta from 1Password 4. We haven't implemented the duplicate feature yet for the new 1Password 6 Beta program.

If you're not using 1Password.com service, I'd suggest uninstalling 1Password 6 Beta and install the regular stable version from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

If you want to keep using 1Password 6 Beta, you can but it is a new program that doesn't have all features implemented just yet.

• kionglang
    kionglang
    Community Member
    Options

HI MikeT,

I have used the same 1Password version since I first downloaded it some weeks ago. I have not made any switches during this period but concentrated many hours into establishing some 116 entries, most of which were generated using the duplicating function. It is only in the last few days that this function has mysteriously disappeared.

Is there a way to switch to a different version without loosing all the data (which is representing many hours of work) ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @kionglang,

Thank you for the feedback. Could you please share a screenshot of 1Password 6 on your PC, so we could see where that "Duplicate" button used to be? Here is a handy guide on how to take screenshot on different platforms:

How to take a screenshot

Please conceal any sensitive information that could be there.

I will then download 1Password 6.0.205 and take a look myself. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• kionglang
    kionglang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

Despite your explanation of how to take a screenshot, this communication system will not allow me to paste anything into this space.
    It also does not allow me to attach a word file with the relevant screen shots !

Could you please do the following:

• go into the 1Password.com website,
    • press Features
    • this will then display an example, named Dropbox.
    • look below the name Dropbox (on the right hand of the screen) is the yellow star denoting the Favourite function.
    • just to the right of Favourite button is another button, namely the Duplicating/Move button.

THIS IS THE BUTTON THAT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS HAS GONE MISSING ON MY VERSION OF 1PASSWORD !

Alternatively, please let me have an email address to where I can send the word document with the relevant screenshots.

Best regards
    Jan

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kionglang,

I am sorry for the confusion here. I am really trying to understand what happened. Please send those screenshots in an email to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your personal info in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your email and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• kionglang
    kionglang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

I have sent the screenshots via email and received the automated response. My support ID is [#NAR-49331-275].

Best regards
    Jan

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @kionglang,

I've found your email and will get back to you shortly. Thank you!

ref: NAR-49331-275

This discussion has been closed.