Extension with 1password 6 windows app and not saving or filling with any combination of apps in use

Options

Hi there!

New to 1password, works well on my partner's home mac and want to use it for my team at work.

We have win 10 at work and I can not fathom how it all connects together.

The auto-filling and remembering passwords - am I correct in thinking you can't use the browser extension without the app running (I just get the message "Looking for the 1Password helper - The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly." when I click on the extension icon in chrome)

But with 1password 6 running the extension can't remember or autofill passwords?

When I have the windows app fully shut down the extension doesn't seem to do anything either - either remembering or filling.

I downloaded 1password 4 but it wasn't clear how to link up with my online account? So unsure how the extension talks to 1password 4

(The walkthroughs on the chrome extension troubleshooting pages seem to show different menu options also? - clicking on settings just goes to the windows app)

1Password Version: 6.0.227d
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• DouweAG
    DouweAG
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the 1Password family!

According to the issue you've described, it appears something might be preventing 1Password from communicating with the chrome extension. Do you perhaps have a anti-malware solution running? Also, what browser extensions do you have in Chrome?

Once we have that information, we'll be at a better standpoint to help :)

To answer your query about 1Password 4. All prior versions of 1Password are incompatible with our new account platform. So stick with 1Password 6 as it will exceed all expectations :)

I look forward to your response.

This discussion has been closed.