Mac 1Password app damaged; can't reinstall

angel88638
angel88638
Community Member

After updating 1Password today to 6.3.3 via the Mac App Store, when I tried to open 1Password, a message stated that the app was damaged and needed to reinstalled. I deleted the app from the App folder; however, the Mac App Store is showing that I need to repurchase 1Password even though I downloaded the 6.3.3 update today from the Mac App Store. Now I'm not sure how to proceed. Bottom line is that 1Password on my Mac is not available. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't download from app store

Comments

• GordH
    GordH
    Community Member

I received this error message when I tried to update my One Password on my Mac computer:

The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed.

How do I proceed to get the update?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @angel88638

I'm sorry to hear about this problem with 1Password. Are you sure that you're signed in with the same iCloud ID? Do you think you can find your proof of purchase on your email? If you can then you can just send us an email with that to support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll get you a license from our site so you can download it from there.

@GordH

Can you please move 1Password to the trash and download it again from the AppStore? You should not run into any trouble and all your data will be there when you open 1Password again :chuffed:

• angel88638
    angel88638
    Community Member

But, it requires me to pay 64.99 to purchase again. I can not just download it. I attach the screen shot of the update I did this morning of 1Password.

• angel88638
    angel88638
    Community Member

When I purchased 1Password a while ago I had a Taiwan address and I used Taiwan website to purchase. I recently changed my country base to US address and credit card before I updated to newer version of 1Password this morning. I wonder if this is the reason to cause the problem.

• SpikeGuy
    SpikeGuy
    Community Member

I had the same problem. I am running the latest version of El Capitan and after upgrading to 1Password 6.3.3 I could not open it any more. I had to delete it and install it again from the App Store. Fortunately for me that worked.

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

@angel88638 I think you need to contact Apple about this. If I remember correctly they can transfer all your purchases over to your new registered country, but they are only willing to do it once every 12(?) months or something.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @angel88638

That's exactly what is causing the problem! Do you still have access to the email where you did the the original purchase? If you do then you might be able to find the receipt you got from the App Store when you first bought 1Password. If you can find it then just forward it to us to support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll take care of you over there. Otherwise, @steve23094 suggestion might help you!

@SpikeGuy : I'm glad that even if you got into some trouble with 1Password it's now all sorted out! :chuffed:

• angel88638
    angel88638
    Community Member

I can access my email; but unfortunately the receipt has been deleted. I have contacted APPLE and hope they can help resolve this issue. So far, I have not received any response from APPLE yet.

• GordH
    GordH
    Community Member

I moved the app from the Application folder in Finder to the Trash and tried to "buy" it again in App Store but received the same error message as above.

The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed.

Thanks, Gord

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @GordH,

It looks like you actually purchased the 1Password 6 for Mac app from our AgileBits Store. You can re-download a clean copy and see if
    that works for you. Please let me know how it goes.

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best,
    Eva

• GordH
    GordH
    Community Member

Thank you Eva. This worked well for each of my Apple devices except for my MacBook Air. On this computer the password section does not allow me to enter my complete password, which is 22 digits long. It only seems to accept 21 digits on the MacBook Air, yet accepts all 22 on my Mac computers and iPhone.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GordH,

This worked well for each of my Apple devices except for my MacBook Air.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You were originally having trouble installing an update for 1Password on your Mac (it gave you an error message). Eva suggested downloading a fresh copy of the 1Password app instead of trying to install the update - it sounds like that worked on all but one of your Macs? Does that mean you still get an error message on your MacBook Air? If so, do you get that error when trying to launch the app? You should no longer have a problem trying to update the app because the version from Eva's link is currently the latest, so there aren't any updates available right now.

On this computer the password section does not allow me to enter my complete password, which is 22 digits long. It only seems to accept 21 digits on the MacBook Air, yet accepts all 22 on my Mac computers and iPhone.

This sounds like a different issue, but I'm not sure what password field you're referring to. If you're still getting an error message trying to launch/install/update 1Password on your MacBook Air, what is asking you for a password?

Or do you mean you can launch the 1Password app on your MacBook Air but you're unable to unlock it because the field for the master password is too short? If so, it might look like it's too short, but it will definitely accept all the characters you type. It's hard to tell because you can't see what you're typing (the characters all appear as black dots in the master password field), but it will work - just make sure you type the entire master password, then hit enter.

Please let us know if that's the problem you seem to be running into or if I misunderstood. Thanks! :)

• GordH
    GordH
    Community Member

Thank you for responding and my One Password is now working 100% on my MacBook. Gord

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GordH

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is back on it's feet for you :chuffed: I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you ever need us again we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.