Can't access normal 1Password after Windows 10 update

Options

Windows 10 update did a job on me. I can't answer 1password on my normal desktop. This little laptop while I can access 1password, many passwords are missing. I tried the backup link on the desktop but was told that the file was not a backup. How do I find the extension for the laptop? That is suppose to solve the problem there. Sorry, but I need all sorts of help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I enabled extension in Google for my desktop. The password for my bank was missing on my laptop. When I sign into my desktop account to access my bank password, 1password wants to sync. I went to check the laptop and came back to the desktop, the sync was up to over 1200 items. I don't have that many passwords. What is going on?

• Hi @pekellco,

I'm sorry to hear about the Windows 10 update causing issues for 1Password.

I can't answer 1password on my normal desktop.

Do you mean it asks for the master password and when you entered it, it returned an incorrect password error or do you mean 1Password is crashing every time you try to open it?

tried the backup link on the desktop but was told that the file was not a backup. How do I find the extension for the laptop?

The extension is either .opvault_zip or agilekeychain_zip depending on what vault format you're using in 1Password 4.

The default directory for your 1Password backups would be in your Documents > 1Password > Backups.

When I sign into my desktop account to access my bank password, 1password wants to sync. I went to check the laptop and came back to the desktop, the sync was up to over 1200 items. I don't have that many passwords. What is going on?

I want to clarify a few things:

1. When you said you sign into your desktop account, what do you mean exactly, are we talking about 1Password 4 for Windows program on your computer or the 1Password browser extension or 1Password.com web app?
    2. How are you syncing your 1Password data between your computers, Dropbox?
This discussion has been closed.