does not work with Barnses&noble, or LL bean. Why

Options

new to 1Password. Loading data. cannot get it to work with Barnes & Noble.com or llbean.com. don't know why??? help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:does not work with Barns & noble, and LL Bean. why

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gertie: I was able to save and fill a new login for llbean.com and barnesandnoble.com (though it took a long time for their Sign In box to even load) using these these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Reload the webpage and press ⌘ \ to have 1Password fill the login for you

I hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the exact steps you're taking, and the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using (since this information was absent from your first post). Thanks in advance! :)

• gertie
    gertie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, and thanks. I have learned that 1Password is not practical with all my websites. I'm ok with that. However, I am having a difficult time logging into 1Password. I have my "Emergency Kit" sheet but I keep getting error messages that one or all 3 items are wrong. Please advise. (does it matter that I use Firefox for my browser?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gertie: 1Password.com is compatible with Firefox. Just make sure it is fully updated. Also, be sure that you use the correct sign in address:

https://my.1password.com/signin

You'll need to enter your email address, Account Key, and Master Password exactly or you won't be able to get in. (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Account Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We can't recover either of these for you, but please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• gertie
    gertie
    Community Member
    Options

I had transposed a couple of letters in my Account Key. My Bad Ooops. But Glad I got it fixed. Thanks again. Glad to know you are there...:-D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well again. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.