trouble migrating from 3 to 6

Options

I just upgraded to El Capitain.
Was running version 3.8.22.
Want to transfer all data over to the new version that I Downloaded from app store.\
The data from version 3 is backed up on the mac.
Starting up from version 6 asks "Where is your data?"
I've tried restore from backup and this mac
However, I cannot choose the backup file from the library in either case.
I now have a new 1password online account.
Also have the passwords backed up on my iphone.
Please help with any specific instructions.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: local

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doclake: Sure! Please open 1Password 3 and go to Preferences > General. This will tell you where your vault is, so that you can open it with 1Password 6. Then just follow this guide to get your data into your new account:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

Do you have all of your data on your Mac already? If so, you're done. If you have different data in 1Password for iOS though, we'll need to transfer that as well. Please let me know! :)

• doclake
    doclake
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That worked!
    Now I need help transferring passwords to latest 1Password version in iOS.
    I downloaded latest iOS 1P to iPhone. The old version is still on the phone.
    When setting up new version I signed into my newly created 1Password account.
    The vaults show up- but there are 0 passwords.
    What is the best way to get those passwords in the new version.
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doclake: Do you mean you have two copies of 1Password on your iPhone? Can you tell me which versions they are (you can find this in Settings)?

From your original description, it sounded like you had all of your 1Password data on the Mac. Is that not the case? It sounds like you may have setup your 1Password Account but not migrated your data to it yet. I really think it would be best to complete that first before moving onto another endeavor. Please follow the steps here to copy your data from your Primary vault in 1Password for Mac to one or more of your 1Password Account vaults (Personal, etc.) Let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.