Password Problem

Options

Hi,

Upon feeling unsafe with my somewhat short master password, I changed to a new password ("NP1" here and after) on my windows PC.
But, I felt maybe I need to make my master password to something even more complicated so I changed to a different new password ("NP2") using my iPad and confirmed the change on my iPhone by logging in on my iPhone with NP2.
(My windows, iPad and iPhone are synced.)
And I signed out (not just closing the app but actually re-syncing my account) from my windows 1password and re-synced using NP2.

Problem is this: When restarting windows 1password app, I cannot log in with NP2 but have to use NP1 on PC.
So I use NP2 on my iPad and iPhone but still use NP1 on my windows. Why is this?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kimsj756: I'm sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be using the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop beta app. Is that the case? While it does not receive external Master Password changes, you can change your Master Password in the app to match your other devices in Settings > Options. I hope this helps!

• kimsj756
    kimsj756
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the clarification!
    Yes, '1Password 6 Windows desktop beta app' is what I am using.
    Will it receive that feature anytime soon?

• Hi @kimsj756,

Thanks for the clarification. Having the master password for the local database in 1Password 6 for Windows sync with the master password for your account is something we're planning on implementing but unfortunately I can't give you a date on when this will happen.

Can you please tell me which master password you're using when you sign into your account on 1Password.com?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kimsj756: As a further clarification, Alex isn't asking you to share your Master Password (definitely never do that, though I'm sure you already know!) Rather, I'm pretty sure he's asking if we're talking about "NP1" or "NP2" here.

From your original description, I had thought that you'd changed the Master Password so you were able to use "NP2" on all of your devices except the PC. If so, my advice still stands (though I should have been more explicit): change your Master Password on the PC from "NP1" to "NP2" so it matches the others, and you'll be all set.

We'll be adding the remote change ability to the new app in the future though to avoid this kind of confusion. Thanks for your patience!

• kimsj756
    kimsj756
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thank you both.
    I changed my Master Password on the PC from NP1 to NP2 to match (thanks for the help!).

And, on 1Password.com, I was able to sign in with NP2.

Thanks again, and I really like this app.
    Hope it will continue to stay as the most secure password manager for many more years.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear! Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad it's all sorted out. And thank you for your kind words and support! We couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.