Support for Pop-up logins

Backspaze
Backspaze
Community Member

I have some sites that pops up a login prompt in a separate window that 1Password fails to auto fill. The most recent example is Probind (a web application for DNS administration). I tried to get 1Password to auto save the site but it doesn't catch anything at all. I then tried to add the site manually but it's not working either.

I suppose these pop ups aren't supported yet but will be in the future?

1Password Version: 6.0.239d
Extension Version: Firefox 4.6.0 Chrome 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Backspaze: If you're referring to an HTTPAuth/BasicAuth prompt, these are generated by the browser itself and not actually part of the webpage, so 1Password cannot interact with them. It's something we'd like to be able to do in the future, but depending on the browser in some cases this is simply a technical impossibility. Something we'll continue to explore though.

If you're referring to something else though (or are unsure), could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

Based on your comment I guess I'm referring to HTTPAuth/BasicAuth prompt, but I've attached some screenshots in any case.

Chrome

Firefox

• Hi @Backspaze,

Thanks for sending in the screenshot. You're absolutely right, this is a HTTP/AUTH prompt and something 1Password 6 can't fill.
    We are looking at bringing the auto-type feature from 1Password 4 for Windows to 1Password 6 at some point in the future.

Until then the quickest way to get your login credentials into a HTTP/AUTH window, is to click on the 1Password icon in the notification area, search for the item you need, right-click it and copy the values you need and paste them into the HTTP/AUTH prompt.
    Here's a screenshot of this:

This discussion has been closed.