Chrome extention "can't connect to 1password"

I just started using the service and can't use the chrome extension at all.

Help please!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bretwilson7,

What do you see when you try to click on 1Password icon in Chrome, was there any message or nothing happens?

Can you first open the main 1Password 6 Beta program, unlock and tell me if you see any data there?

• bretwilson7
    bretwilson7
    Community Member

The extension looks for 1Password helper and then says can not connect to one password.

I added my passwords and info in the app this morning. There is data in the app.

• Hi @bretwilson7,

Thanks for that, that would mean there's an interference between the 1Password extensions and 1Password app, usually caused by an anti-malware solution.

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using on your PC?

• bretwilson7
    bretwilson7
    Community Member

AVG

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @bretwilson7,

Could you please try to do the following:

1) Disconnect the internet connection (via cable or disable Wi-Fi).
    2) Disable the AVG for the time being.
    3) Open the main 1Password program and go to Settings > Browser > and tick the box next to "Register 1Password helper".
    4) Restart Chrome.

Is 1Password extension working? If yes, it means that AVG somehow interferes between 1Password extension in Chrome and 1Password app. If the answer is no, then we have to look somewhere else. :)

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• bretwilson7
    bretwilson7
    Community Member

Well... thank you very much! It turns out I was using the wrong version of 1Password, the one from the Windows store. Once I installed the beta from the website, the browser extension connects just fine.

Thanks again

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@bretwilson7: That explains everything! :) The current version of 1Password in the Microsoft Store doesn't support extensions yet. I am happy to hear you've sorted it out. If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to ask questions.

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.