Trying to reinstall on new hard disk. None of my keys work

Reinstall on new hard disk. Tried to use my single key and family key. This is not a valid license for 1password 4....

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:license keys not valid

Comments

• Hi @sgansky,

I don't see any valid 1Password 4 license key based on your forum's email address. Can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the license key you're using and we'll check on it for you.

Thanks!

• sgansky
    sgansky
    Community Member

I have 1 single license and 1 family license for 1password. None of these seem to work. I just installed a new HD on my windows PC where 1password had been working before. What are those above mentioned licenses for?

• Hi @sgansky,

It is possible you were using 1Password 1.x previously and you downloaded 1Password 4.x instead.

The licenses are specific to 1Password versions, so that's why we need you to email us first, so we can figure out what you bought and tell you what you can do. A family license doesn't give you access to all 1Password versions, if you bought a Family license for Mac, it's only for the macOS version of 1Password, Windows wouldn't be included.

• sgansky
    sgansky
    Community Member

I typed in the key from my paper invoice and it worked.

• Hi @sgansky,

That's great to hear. Were you trying to copy the license key from a web email client? We've seen a few reports where trying to copy the key from a web client would result into a malformed key that 1Password won't accept.

• sgansky
    sgansky
    Community Member

i was trying to copy from the page requested--mail me my keys

• Hi @sgansky,

Right, we emailed you the keys. How do you access your email, through a web site or through an email program on you PC?

• sgansky
    sgansky
    Community Member

used iCloud to login thru web

• Thanks, we'll investigate to see if iCloud's web site is encoding the license key incorrectly. We've seen this to be the case for Gmail.

This discussion has been closed.