I'm trying to understand 1Password Folders. How do I create Folders in the first place?

Options

I see the "All" and "Unassigned" Categories. I want to create Folders to put my 200 Logins, etc. into. How do I create a Folder in the first place? And the second question is how do I assign my existing Category items to the Folders?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm trying to understand 1Password Folders. How do I create Folders in the first place?

Comments

• Hi @BigE001,

On the bottom left below the All and Unassigned smart folders, there's an Add button, click on it to create a new folder. After that, select the items you want and drag it into this folder to assign it there.

• skatemom
    skatemom
    Community Member
    Options

I am not seeing any of this....

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @statemom,

It is possible that you are using 1Password 6 for Windows, there are no folders there. However, we have multiple vaults and tags instead. You can create a separate vault for your needs. As for tags, they serve the same basic function as folders, plus you can assign multiple tags to each item (whereas an item could only be added to a single folder).

I hope it helps. If I am off the mark here, please let us know. Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.