Are you looking to enable sync with Microsoft onedrive or google drive? If so, when?

With the recent press on the dropbox data breach I have cancelled my dropbox account. It would be great it you could introduce sync options for Microsoft onedrive or Google Drive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: OneDrive
Referrer: forum-search:Enabling sync with microsoft onedrive or google drive?

Comments

• Hi @dtsotsis,

What mobile devices are you using?

1Password on Windows doesn't need to support anything explicitly because it read/writes to the local folder that can be placed within the cloud folder. In other words, you can place the folder in either OneDrive or Google Drive's sync folder.

For Android devices, we also support Folder Sync, so it can sync to the folder on the device's storage. Which means if you can point 1Password to the folder being stored/synced by the Google Drive or OneDrive app, you're all set.

For iOS app, this is the one where we must add support manually because there's no user accessible file system we can use. We don't have an ETA for either OneDrive or Google Drive APIs, it may be a while as we're still working on perfecting our own 1Password.com service.

In the next version of 1Password for Windows we're building right now, we already have sync support for OneDrive built-in, so it doesn't require you to have OneDrive client installed on the PC as 1Password'll connect to OneDrive's servers directly.

• dtsotsis
    dtsotsis
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    I'm using android. Thanks alot for the suggestion on folder sync, I didn't even think about that.
    Looking forward to the next version coming out.
    Regards,
    Dillon

• Hi @dtsotsis,

You're welcome. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.