Help! I'm not able to reset the Warnings on the Preference tab. How is that done?

Help! I'm not able to reset the Warnings on the Preference tab. The User Guide says it can be done but doesn't explain how.

1Password Version: 1Password 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Not able to reset warning on preference tab

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @prycheck,

Warnings on the Preferences tab in 1Password 4 for Windows are all checked and grayed out by default and cannot be disabled until you receive the specific warning. When you see a specific warning, there's an option to disable it. They can then be re-enabled in Preferences after that, but we don't you to unwittingly disable them without seeing these warnings in context.

I hope it answers your question. If it doesn't, please let me know. :)

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

Hey Greg. Thanks for your reply. I think you misunderstood my question. In the preference box they are all disabled. I want to re-enable them or reset them so that they appear again. How do i do that?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@prycheck: That is really strange. When you disable a warning, you should be able to enable it back in the Preferences. You want to say that they are all unchecked and grayed out? Thanks!

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

They are all CHECKED and grayed out. How do I reset them? Uncheck them.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@prycheck: You should be able to disable a specific notification only when you see it in context, i.e. when it shows up. Here is the example:

Any warnings that you’ve opted not to see again will be available on the Warnings tab, where you can specify that they be “reset” for display the next time the circumstances are right. Here is an article about this tab in 1Password 4 guide on our website:

Warnings tab

I hope it helps. If you have any other question, please let me know. :) I will do my best to help you.

++
    Greg

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

Greg, that doesn't work despite what the user guide might say . I tried unchecking the boxes from the preference tab a half dozen different times. In fact, that's the first thing I tried. Is this a bug?

• Hey @prycheck,

We're sorry about the confusion. What Greg said is the default behaviour.
    This preference pane offers the user the option to reenable a notification or warning that they have deactivated while coming across that specific notification/warning in active use. It's not supposed to offer a way to preemptively deactivate the notifications.

I hope this clears things up. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Alex

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

Hey @AlexHoffmann

The preference pane is not letting me REENABLE a notification. Everything is checked and grayed out. I can't make any changes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@prycheck: The checks mean these warnings are enabled already. They will stay enabled until you see each of the warnings. At that time, you can choose to disable that particular warning. And then if you change your mind, you can re-enable it in Preferences > Warnings. I hope this helps!

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

@brenty, no one is reading my replies. I've said for the 10th time that the software is NOT letting me re-enable the warnings when I go to Preferences > Warnings. All the warning are checked and greyed out and here is NO way to re-enable them.

• Hi @prycheck,

Can you try something for me to rule out any potential bug; if you open the main 1Password app, unlock and click on New Item button to select Login, did you get a warning?

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT. Yes, it gave me a warning.

• Hi @prycheck,

OK, that's good.

1. Try again but this time, check the box next to Don't show this warning again on the warning and press OK.
    2. Repeat with creating a new Login item, does it still show you the warning? If not, it's likely a bug. If yes, so far so good.

If yes for step #2, go back to the the Warnings preference, is it still grayed out for the first warning or now shows a checkbox?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prycheck: I definitely read all of your comments here, and I'm very sorry if I misunderstood something. This was the thing you said that (I thought) made things crystal clear:

The preference pane is not letting me REENABLE a notification. Everything is checked and grayed out. I can't make any changes.

This is what your description says to me:

If that's what you're seeing, then my explanation above holds true. However, if you're seeing something else entirely, could you please clarify? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of it. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Again, I'm really sorry if we're misinterpreting what you're saying. Thanks for being patient with us! :blush:

• prycheck
    prycheck
    Community Member

@brenty , @MikeT

Brenty, you are right. The screen shot that you sent matches what I see. I guess I got things turned around in head. My apologies to both of you. Thank you for your prompt and courteous replies. I appreciate it.

• No worries, thanks for being patient with us while we worked it out with you. This is a bit confusing at first glance anyway and we're working to redesign how this will work in the next major version of 1Password for Windows.

If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.