New install of 1Password for Windows not syncing with Families account

Good morning - Just upgraded from v4 to v6 beta on Windows. Install went effortlessly. I signed into my 1Password.com account from within the v6 app and was able to see all my passwords, cards, etc... I installed the 1Password browser extension for Firefox and it works great. But, as a test I added a note to one of my logins in the app, but it hasn't synced to 1Password.com (or my iPhone) for 3+ hours. I added a different note to the same logon using my iPhone and it synced to the cloud, but not v6 on Windows. Any ideas what may be happening here?

Thanks,
festus

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @festus777,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about the issue you're seeing.
    Have you changed the master password or the account key in your 1Password.com account recently?
    (Please don't post either in the forum or send it via email.)

Cheers,

Alex

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

Yes, I changed the master password on 1Password.com, but that was about 2 hours AFTER notes were not syncing. I changed it to make all my masters the same

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

Uninstalled & reinstalled 1Password 6 and all is well.

• Hey @festus777,

Sorry for only getting back to you now.

We think what happened was a silent authentication failure in 1Password 6.
    You changed the master password and the app didn't ask you to log into your account with your new credentials.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the app, you had to log in with your new credentials and the synchronisation process started working again.

We're terribly sorry for the frustrating experience. We're in the process of implementing safeguards so situations like this don't arise anymore.

I hope you'll find this information to be helpful. Should you need help with something else, or if you have more feedback, simply contact us again.

Cheers,

Alex

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back with me Alex :)
    All is working well.

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Alex, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.