1password stops working in Firefox.

1Password stops working each time I move a newly opened site (Firefox) to a fresh screen (on another monitor).

I have to open the addons, close the 1password addon and starts it again.
After that the login function of 1Password works, the website I am on can be find and I can login. If I open a new site in the same screen (new tab) then there is no problem.
But when I have opened a site (but not logged in) move the site to a new screen on a second monitor, then it does not work.

But I have to do this every time I open a website.

As a developper I am trying to do some maintenance on about 50 websites (today),
so this is quite frustrating. it costs me a lot of time to figure out why it is not working.
And maybe tomorrow is 1Password working OK, you never know...

Please, can you test this on your site a improve the addon?

I am using Windows7 64bit - Firefox 49.0.1
addon 1Password 4.6.1 (from 5-10-2016)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: W7 64bits
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not work in Firefox

Comments

• Hey @12appletree,

That's an interesting and understandably frustrating issue.
    We're going to have to try and reproduce it on our end.

Anything else you can tell us about it? Any details that might help us? Are you using software to move the windows or anything that interacts with the window?

Thanks,

Alex

• 12appletree
    12appletree
    Community Member

Hello Alex,
    I have just tried it again and have the same problem. As a Joomla developer, I want to open the Joomla admin page of a site. If I open a site website.com/administrator/ then move that site to a new window and then right-click , 1Password-window popsup, I can choose the right website to fill in the username and password. But nothing happens.
    I do not using special software to move the window.
    I use AVG antivirus free. But I have close it and tested it. 1P does not work.
    I also use an Adblocker (Adblock Plus) but I have close this addon, 1p does not work.
    But... when I close in FireFox - the add-on section - the 1Password addon and start it up again, then I am able to login on the site and 1P works as it did before.
    It works once. The next time I want to login on a site which is moved from another window, it does not work.

I hope you can solve this.

• @12appletree That is a strange issue. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC right after you reproduce the issue. Maybe it'll give us a hint to what's going on.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• 12appletree
    12appletree
    Community Member

Done: #VLJ-67994-448

• AlexHoffmann
    edited October 2016

Thanks @12appletree, we'll be in touch via email as soon as possible.

Cheers!

ref: VLJ-67994-448

This discussion has been closed.