my agilekeychain file is a zip file and it won't let me open the vault or import it into my vault.

My computer crashed about a week ago. I had to get a new hard drive installed onto the computer. I had an older version of 1password on my computer and I was able to recover a few back up files from 1password that are .agilekeychain_zip files. However, when I tried to log in to 1password, all email addresses I gave came back saying that no account existed with that email address so I started a new team account for myself, my office assistant and the business owner. When I try to import one of the recovered files to the vault, it will not show up as available. I think because it is a zipped file but I can't figure out out to unzip it?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I unzip agilekeychain file to import into vault microsoft

Comments

• jamielawrence
    jamielawrence
    Community Member

So I found in the support forum on how to rename the file to agilekeychain.zip which converted it to a zip folder. I then double clicked to compress the folder. However, when I try to open it now, it still shows that it is unavailble, like it is the wrong file type...

• Hi @jamielawrence,

We're sorry to hear about your troubles. What you're working with is a 1Password 4 backup file.
    Like you found out already, they're basically renamed .ZIP files.

If you rename the file to somethingsomethingagilekeychain.zip you should be able to unpack it with any unzip program on your PC.
    After that, you can follow the steps in our migration article with the section titled "To import data into your new account".

Please let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Alex

• jamielawrence
    jamielawrence
    Community Member

Thank you! That worked great!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Alex, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.