Perfect working 1password for Windows is corrupted by the new upgrade to version 4.6.1.616

I was very pleased with 1password untill now! I installed this recent updated and when i started Firefox it came with a pop-up mentioning that my extension was outdated and i had to update it and thats the problem, i can't update it. I enter the page where i can download the extension, Firefox comes with a pop-up if i allow to download the extension and after i click 'Yes' then there comes a pop-up saying that there was a fault in the connection so no download. I tried to delete the extension but this does not help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @romac0206,

Do you have an anti-malware solution that could be filtering the connection in Firefox? We've seen cases like that where the AV would block the downloads of the extensions.

Can you try this method of installing the latest extension: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/#firefox

• romac0206
    romac0206
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    Thanks for your quick reply. I first tried by disableing Bitdefender but this did not work. Then i tried your link and i previous downloaded the 1password extension via Internet Explorer but i did not know how to implement this into Firefox but this is described in your link. So i followed the instructions and it worked! The problem is solved now and i thank you for your support. :)

• That's great to hear and disabling BitDefender won't help, we've actually talked about BitDefender on the same link.

You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.