Miss the OTP Menu Button in the Firefox Browser Extention (1Password + Linux + WINE)

sebibob
sebibob
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Linux Mint 17.3
wine 1.8
1password for Windows 4.6.1.616
Firefox 49.0
Firefox Browser Extention 4.6.1

Hy.

I use 1password on my Linux machine with wine. As Browser Firefox. In the extension i miss the menu button to show the One Time Passwords. Is there no one? It's painfull to open the 1passwort Aplication every time i need an OTP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:otp browser extension firefox

Comments

• Hi @sebibob,

Right-click on your Login item, there'll be a TOTP field you can click on to copy its code.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi @MikeT. Thank you for the quick response.
    On the Login item in my Browser extension there is no triangle, no right-click menu, no TOTP field. I installed the beta version of the extension to see if there is a difference but no it isn't. The same in the Chromium-Browser. No TOPT field.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Chromium Browser Version 53.0.2785.143
    Chromium Browser Extention 4.6.1.90

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

Linux Mint 17.3
    wine 1.8
    1password for Windows 4.6.1.616
    Firefox 49.0
    Firefox Browser Extention 4.6.1
    Chromium Browser Version 53.0.2785.143
    Chromium Browser Extention 4.6.1.90
    German spell

Hy.

I use 1password on my Linux machine with wine. As Browser Firefox. In the extension i miss the menu button to show the One Time Passwords. Is there no one? It's painfull to open the 1passwort Aplication every time i need an OTP.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Firefox Browser

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sebibob: Sorry for the confusion! This isn't a separate menu. When you hover over the login item, right-click it to reveal the username, password, and one-time password fields (this is when you'll see the arrow). You can then click one to copy it to the clipboard. Cheers! :)

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hello, @brenty.
    Thanx for the advice. It's working well under a windows 10 pc from a friend of mine. But not on my Linux machine. After the right click on the item nothing happened. I think that it's a problem with wine. I hope that other Linuxusers in the forum have an idea.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

Shit. Is there a possibility to change the title of the Discussion?

Miss the OTP Menu Button in the Firefox Browser Extention - 1password on a linux with wine.

• That can very well be a limitation in WINE. We're sorry about the inconvenience.

I've edited the title to better reflect the situation, just in case.

Don't hesitate to write us again if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.