Problem with synchronizing Windows 10 and Android over WiFi

Dears,

I was quite regular synchronizing my vaults between Windows 10 and Android 4 Phone.
Now I cannot do it anymore.

Android 4.
1Password 6.4.1

Settings -> Sync -> WLAN Server ON.

Windows 10:
1Password 4.6.0.604

File -> WiFi Synch.

At Windows side I see the window with generated secret number.

Additionally I had switched off private firewall at windows.

I am following the instructions, but there are the following deviations from the instruction:

1. At the page: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/ there is text:

Click the currently connected Wi-Fi or Ethernet network on the right and enable “Make this PC discoverable”.

At my windows 10 I do not have that option at all. I cannot click on my WiFi and do anything. There is only statement about security and connection status.

1. At my Android App there is no windows machine listed at sync options pane and of course I cannot click there.

The pity is, that I see no errors - nothing. Machine was freshly rebooted.

I would appreciate your hints about this feature and how to use it.

Best regards,
Seweryn (double Pro user :-) - I have windows pro licence and android pro licence).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 android wifi synching

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Click the currently connected Wi-Fi or Ethernet network on the right and enable “Make this PC discoverable”. At my windows 10 I do not have that option at all. I cannot click on my WiFi and do anything. There is only statement about security and connection status.

@habdank: It sounds like you're on the right track, just looking at the Wi-Fi menu in the notification area. Instead, open the Windows Settings app and go to Network & Internet. There you'll see Status at the top on the left, and then click Wi-Fi below it. On the right, you'll see the name of the network you're connected to. Click that, and then turn on Make this PC discoverable. Once your Android device is able to "see" your PC, you should be all set. I hope this helps! :)

• habdank
    habdank
    Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. At my Windows 10 Make this PC discoverable is at other place.
    Concrete: I must click at WiFi network and then at Advance Options below all WiFi-s,
    and then there is an switch to make it discoverable.
    But I saw I had that switched on earlier - perhaps from the last times.
    Anyhow still my handy do not "talk" to my computer or vice versa.

Are there any logs anywhere to check e.g. possible error reports?

Best regards,
    Seweryn.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@habdank: I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately only you have any real knowledge or control over your network environment. Make sure you follow all of the steps in the Wi-Fi troubleshooting guide, as it will help narrow down the problem.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your devices, try to sync, and then generate a diagnostic report for each and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to try to determine what is blocking the connection:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• habdank
    habdank
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi,

I am not sure what is the version you are talking about.

For the Windows - my version 4.6.1.616 (now after fresh update) has no Settings,
    but there are Preferences and I have no diagnostics reports related options.
    In the Preferences I can see General, Security, Backup, ...

The Android part is as described and I had send report.

Best regards,
    Seweryn.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@habdank: I'm really sorry for the confusion there! It appears that the documentation was updated, and the instructions for 1Password 4 are "hidden" in plain sight in parentheses. It's there, but we definitely need to make it clearer because I was confused at first looking at it too. Thanks for pointing that out!

In 1Password 4, choose Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File and attach it to an email to support+forums@agilebits.com. Just put your Support ID in the subject line and it will link it to the other you sent:

[LID-92381-676]

Thanks in advance! :)

ref: LID-92381-676

This discussion has been closed.